What is it?
One of the exclusive benefits of your credit union membership is access to TruStage insurance products, specifically the TruStage Health Insurance Program.
The Affordable Care Act means nearly every American must have health insurance. If your employer doesn’t offer a plan, if you don’t qualify for Medicaid and you’re not yet eligible for Medicare, you’ll likely need to purchase a health insurance plan on your own.
What are the Benefits?
- The TruStage™ Health Insurance Program is powered by GoHealth, a national leader in helping people find health insurance plans.
- Step-by-step assistance and advice is available both online and over the phone.
- The online interface provides tools to help you make an informed choice about a health insurance plan.
- Personal assistance in determining if you may be eligible for financial assistance.
Although the yearly federal open enrollment period for health insurance has ended, major life changes may qualify you to buy health insurance now:
- Family changes like getting married or the birth (or adoption) of a baby
- Loss of health coverage from your employer
What are the requirements?
Qualifying events such as these generally mean you have 60 days to enroll in a health plan. As a credit union member, the TruStage Health Insurance Program gives you access to GoHealth. Licensed insurance experts are ready to confirm if your event qualifies, check your eligibility for financial assistance, and help you find, compare and buy coverage.
The TruStage™ Health Insurance Program is made available through TruStage Insurance Agency, LLC and GoHealth LLC. GoHealth LLC is licensed to sell nationwide and operates in all states with the exception of Massachusetts, Hawaii, Vermont and Rhode Island. The insurance offered is not a deposit, and is not federally insured, sold or guaranteed by your credit union. TSH-1008962.1-0914-1016